Small steps in faith

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Seven more weeks Graduation Day

Kristen graduates 7 weeks from today.. May 28
Am I ready ? I hope so but I have very mixed feelings I'm trying to think of it as my friend's husband put it "It's only the end of a chapter" She'll be starting a new chapter
I've been thinking alot this week about how different the next few years will be as I've been planning our family summer vacation to the Outer Banks in North Carolina It's not only the end of a chapter for Kristen It's the start of a new chapter for all of us
Darrell's closest friends bought a cabin in North Carolina and will probably be moving within the year They have a daughter who just got married in Oct and their youngest daughter is going on a missions trip to Africa for 6 months They are making a big step in starting their new chapter
My sister-in-law was offered a wonderful job in Phoenix Arizona and will probably be moving within the year Her daughter is in her 1st year at IU They are making a big step in their new chapter
I honestly wonder where we'll be in 5 years I know I need to keep an open mind and trust that I will hear the voice of God when he guides us to those decisions
For now, I'm just trying to enjoy the next few months day by day..sometimes hour by hour :)

2 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I know my parents feel the same way you and Darrel do about leaving for college. Today I prayed for all of us. I prayed that we would have the faith in God to know that he will provide for us and keep us safe. I think its awesome how me and Kristen will be going together(shes in good hands:) It will be alot of fun but I know me and Kristen will miss everyone. We will call you guys every day...

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Thanks for praying for us Tyler
    Faith is very important Hebrews11:1 is one of my favorite verses and I need to be reminded of it I know you won't call us everyday.. that's what AIM is for :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home