Small steps in faith

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Sand cookies

When Darrell and I bought our 1st house it was in Oakwood on Monteray Ave(very small 2 bedrooms but it had a screened in front porch and I loved it
While we lived there we found the most amazing bakery It's on Park Rd right off of Far Hills next to the police station
It's called Ashley's Pastry Shop
They make wonderful cakes ,cookies,etc but they are known for their sand cookies It's a secret recipe and they had a huge write up in the paper last year Actually it was the day I had my breast biopsy and Darrell made sure we stopped there on the way home to get some
They kind of remind me of snickerdoodles only better It was always a big deal when my kids were young (and even now :) to go there Kristen and I made a trip there today before I got my hair cut so she could get a "decorated cookie" and there were the sand cookies on the counter so we had to have those too
If you ever need a good comfort food and love the smell and the warmth of a bakery make sure you check them out (They are closed on Mondays and avoid them at lunch during the school year because that's where the kids go for lunch and you'll have to wait in a long line)

1 Comments:

  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Dylan said…

    I agree rochelle. There are always certain kinds of foods that make you feel comforted and give you peace (i know its only food, but it does that :-), and even bring back old memories. Especially the smell of a bakery. Iv'e worked at the Donut Haus for 3 years im sure everyone knows, but i will always remember that smell, and it will always bring back memories. i like your post rochelle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home