Small steps in faith

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Advice from Brother Andrew

I read an article in Relevant Magazine's website which caught my attention Several months ago I had someone recommend to me a book called "Light Force" by Brother Andrew I remember finding it at Borders and being very interested in it but for whatever reason I didn't buy it ..probably lack of money at the time :) Anyway today I saw his name again as being interviewed by Matthew Paul Turner (whose books I love) I'm posting the latter part of the interview.. it really spoke to me
I have found that I have grown in my faith the exact way he talks about..it's a process It's not a lightning bolt moment It's not because a church or a minister is "deeper" It's because I spend time in scripture and I take time to pray



MPT: Speaking of events Brother Andrew, can you put your finger on one event in the last five years, whether personal or in ministry, that has grown your faith?

BA: No. Because I believe faith is a process. You grow in it. You gain more knowledge when you dive into Scriptures. The more you pray, the more answers to your prayers you see. In the normal Christian life your faith grows as you go deeper in your walk with Jesus. I’ve had no “earthquake” experiences where suddenly my faith grew leaps and bounds. I don’t think that’s normal. I’m always suspicious of people who have those big experiences.

MPT: In just a few words, what’s your best advice for a young adult regarding life, faith and ministry?

BA: In your life, learn to walk with Jesus. In your faith, be real and never fake. And in your ministry, surround yourself with people who are better than you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home