Small steps in faith

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Loving an author's words

I try to watch 722 every week It's where Louie Giglio spoke for 10 years and recently left to spend more time with "Passion" The last 2 weeks there has been a speaker, David Nasser, who really has spoken to my heart

"If you love the author, it's not a chore to read his word"
David Nasser at "722"


I'm reading a book called "Story Recapture The Mystery" by Steven James It tells stories from the bible in a totally new and visual way..ie when Jesus turns water to wine it's told from the bride's perspective The other thing I love is that with every chapter there are poems
The following is one of my favorite


touching the unseen


you seem so far away from me today.
just out of reach.
or maybe i'm the one who's out of reach.
out of touch.
what is it in me that makes you so hard to see?
i need new eyes. spiritual eyeballs that look past
the bills that need paying
and the car that needs fixiing
and the e-mails that keep coming

to see what lies beyond.
eyes that can see in the dark.
and through the dark
to you.

i've been looking
in the wrong place all this time--
in myself rather than in you,
within this world rather than
beyond it where the kingdom
of God resides, where you live,
and secretly smile at my shortsightedness--
and wait.
i'm glad you're so patient.


quest.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I need to go back and listen to the speaker. I usually stop it after the worship, because I really like a couple of their worship leaders. Well, actually I really like Kristian Stanfill, and the others are okay. He led worship the first week that Nasser spoke. He did some great songs, including a Delirious song that I've been thinking of doing sometime soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home