Small steps in faith

Friday, February 24, 2006

Newport Aquarium..Penguins !!



Yesterday Darrell and I had a day off together so we decided to go to the Newport Aquarium I had never been there..Darrell had gone once before with our kids If you've never been there it's definitely worth it They have the most beautiful fish and birds and otters and Penguins!! The penguins are last on the tour and definitely worth seeing especially if you watched "March of the Penguins" or read "Blue like Jazz" :)...penguin sex chapter
They had a baby penguin who was born in January There were actually 2 born but one died :( They keep the mom,dad, and baby in a separate "play pen" They did have 2 dads who were carrying eggs on their feet..totally cool!!! and there was 2 penguins who were obviously attracted to each other They stayed side by side They put bands on the penguins arms to tell male from female Male right Female left The penguins were moulting which I had no clue they did They can't go in the water until they are done moulting There were was one penguin who swam and did alot of showing off in the water It was cute They also had alot of sharks and sealife
Afterwards we ate at an Irish pub called Claddaghs We are getting one by the Dayton Mall I loved it in there You feel like you're actually in Ireland and they serve authentic irish food like shepherds pie and Guinness beer I had the fish and chips which were really good and not too pricey I can't wait for the one here to be built !

3 Comments:

  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rochelle,

    The last time Darrell went to the aquarium was with me - we took the kids together.

    I agree, that aquarium is excellent. The best one I have been to is the one in Gatlinburg, which surprized me because most of the tourist stuff there is always dissapointing considering the money it costs.

    So did seeing all those fish make you crave some fish & chips?

    Amanda won't eat fish - she says "I won't eat something that swims in its poop".

    Jordan

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love that place. Remember march of the penguins. That was a great movie!

    Heyyyyyyyy!! Fish and chips!! heyyy

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    I'm gonna go to Newport sometime this semester... One of my friends works there and has 36 free tickets.. it's a five minute drive from my campus :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home