Small steps in faith

Thursday, February 22, 2007

What did Jesus look like ?




"Do you ever wonder why Jesus didn't come in the age of photography or even portrait painting? (Okay, it is an odd question, I admit). I believe that if we had a “still life” image of him, people would have one of two reactions: they would (1) be disappointed in the way he looked or (2) try to emulate the look. Both of these reactions would take the focus away from his message and would place the focus squarely on what we, as human beings value, rather than what God values."



I got an email(above) from my house church leader,Chris, that made me wonder...What did Jesus really look like? If you google it and pick images you get all kinds of pictures,paintings,interpretations,and rationale. I think because I am a visual person and I want to know what someone looks like. Unfortunately in our society, people are often judged,labeled,discriminated by what they look like. We place so much emphasis on physical beauty that we don't pay attention to what comes out of the person's mouth and heart.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:40 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    I am not sure what Jesus looked like, but I have a pretty good idea what he didn't look like: Pale, blond-haired, blue-eyed, and Caucasian.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home