Small steps in faith

Friday, March 30, 2007

My Friday

Today was a mixture of sad/celebration/excitement.
Today was our secretary,Kathy's last day. She is such a wonderful person and due to circumstances in our reorganization at work, she had to take another job. I felt so sad walking into work this morning knowing this would be the last Friday I would walk in and see her in the office. She always had such a calming effect on us...she played classical music...filled the office with plants and just had a quiet organized way of keeping us all from falling apart. We have a temp for awhile until we find the right person to work with all of us :)
We took her to lunch at Benham's (awesome restaurant)to say good bye and also to celebrate National Physician Day with Miguel(Dr.Parilo) It was a nice relaxing lunch with alot of laughter and a good way to say good bye Their Mahi Mahi was the best I've had in a long time and they are known for their cobbler desserts.
Tomorrow is Darrell's last day...they had a carry-in for him. He and I spent tonight looking for a new desk so that he can set up "an office" in our spare room downstairs for tax purposes. He isn't sad in the least..so different from me...I would be crying. It still seems odd to me that he won't have to work Sat or evenings. He has worked every Saturday except for vacation since the first day I met him.
So now I'm doing my favorite thing..sitting on the couch with my computer listening to Genesis "Trick of the Tail"....just glad the week's over.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    It's always hard to say goodbye to a co-worker that you really care about and enjoy their company.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home