Small steps in faith

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Going back

Tomorrow is the day we move our clocks back an hour. We get to go back in time. I've thought about how we go back at times. I grew up in Kettering which is not far from here. My dad still lives in the house where I grew up from age 11. Every time I drive back to Kettering, there is just that feeling of going back ..a feeling of belonging.
I have a friend who is getting ready to go back to his hometown to serve as a minister.
He shared this scripture from Jeremiah 29. I use verse 11 "For I know the plans I
have for you," says the Lord, "They are plans for good
and not for disaster, to give you a future and a
hope."
but I never paid much attention to the verses around them until he pointed them out in connection to his going back home

"You will be in Babylon for seventy (in my case,
seven) years. But then I will come and do for you all
the good things I have promised, and I will bring you
home again."

Then that famous verse shows up. Then after that:

"In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you
look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will
be found by you," says the Lord. "I will end your
captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather
you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring
you home again to your own land."


You may be a different person going back but you can always go back..and sometimes that's God's plan.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    God truly spoke to me that day. I just know it. :^)

    It's been quite awhile since something like that has happened.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home