Small steps in faith

Friday, October 29, 2004

Two patients

In my job I think I've seen everything and then I'll have a patient who will touch my heart I actually had 2 patients that did that today One touched my heart in a sad way and one in a joyful way
I had a young woman with full blown AIDS who on the exterior was the roughest person I've dealt with for awhile Every other word out of her mouth started with f--- and she had a very defensive attitude She was newly diagnosed with diabetes on top of her other issues As I listened to her I realized that underneath the tough exterior was someone who had been hurt many times in her past and had made bad choices and she was scared and it broke my heart
My other patient was 80 years old and newly diagnosed with diabetes as well Her husband was 81 and they will be married 61 years next week She had a heart attack 2 days ago and almost didn't make it When her husband talked about it you could see tears in his eyes and you could feel how much he loved and cared for her even though she could no longer walk or take care of herself She is blessed to have that unconditional love that my other patient needs so much
I feel blessed to have both of them touch my heart and pray that God used me to touch their hearts as well in some small way

1 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Maybe God is using you at your workplace?...I think that you have a great opportunitty to present to them what you believe and share your faith. I think thats awesome that God even gives you opportunities we dont usually expect. You could change their life. Ill keep you in my prayers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home