Small steps in faith

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving Kristen is 18!!

Psalm 100
A psalm for giving thanks
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs
Know that the Lord is God
It is he who made us, and we are his
we are his people, the sheep of his
pasture,

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his
name
For the Lord is good and his love
endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through
all generations.


I have alot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving...my family, my friends,my salvation

Today is a special Thanksgiving for us
Kristen turns 18 today, my sister and her family are here from Vermont, and my special friends Mike and Michelle are spending the day with us at my dads and my stepmother's food... It's the best!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    today was a special day. the meal was great, your family was wonderful and the colts destroyed the lions. but most of all it was kristen's birthday. that makes me think about what i am thankful for. my friends and my adopted family. i was telling michelle that it makes me sad to think about kristen growing up. i don't want to have favorites at church or anything, but there is a certain pride that i have when i hear kristen singing, and a certain joy i get when i see her smiling at people. i have to admit that it is heartbreaking for me to think that she could be moving on. the whole college, boyfriend, 18 thing is making my heart hurt. i love your family so much, but i love kristen like a proud older brother loves his little sister. i want happiness and success for her and most of all i want her to make a difference in this world. i know that she will. as i was leaving today, i leaned over to give her a hug, and i gave her the tiniest pecks on the top of the head and i told her "i am proud of you." i don't know if she heard me, and it doesn't matter if she did, i just had to tell her.

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Mike
    My heart feels the same way We love you and Michelle very much and you made our Thanksgiving and Kristen's birthday very special I'm just sorry you had to work You will always be a part of our family Kristen loves that you are protective of her and so do I My family loved both of you and you are always welcome to our family dinners This is and will be a hard year I know I have to let Kristen grow up and trust God to help lead her in the right decisions I know you'll always be praying for her Thanks for being such a wonderful "big brother" :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home