Small steps in faith

Monday, November 22, 2004

Trials of Faith

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete,not lacking anything."
James 1:2-4

I had a big test of my faith yesterday so I thought it was ironic that this was one of my morning devotional
"If God's plan requires that you go through tough times in order to accomplish his will(and it usually does ), then faith is what enables you to endure. It's like the night watchman that protects God's purposes in your life."
I had a discussion with a friend at church yesterday about someone who has created dissension in my life I don't hate the person but I do try to stay away from them because I feel they cause problems I haven't had to deal with this person for quite awhile which I had told her was a relief Within 1 hour that same person showed up at my daughter's concert at Christmas in Springboro It's scary how quickly Satan works I literally could not look at this person the 1st 10 min they were sitting there I had to go to the back of the tent, take a deep breath and silently and desperately pray for God to get me through this and help me hold my tongue
God is faithful
At the end of the concert my church family from Southwest completely surrounded us literally in a circle and I didn't feel threatened by this person any longer
Now I guess I need to work on forgiveness

2 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I have some of those kind of people in my life also. It helps to pray for them and ask God to see him or her as He does. Its really hard. But like you said your freinds or family always will stick with you and guard you. (By the way was it the old guy who wouldnt stop talking?:)

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    That would be him Tyler:)He's Darrell's friend from Apex I don't know if he knows you are Kristen's boyfriend He doesn't think she should have a boyfriend or "be serious" about anyone If he knows you're her boyfriend you will probably get some kind of "purity" sermon from him He's very bold He probably thought you were OK though because your sister went to Apex and you went to Ridgeville Christian

     

Post a Comment

<< Home