Small steps in faith

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Billy Graham and Chris Tomlin

I read a little news blurb today that Billy Graham is doing his last speaking crusade in the US this weekend in New York It makes me a little sad He is a man who has devoted his entire life to reaching out to others and drawing them to Christ
I just don't think you find too many people in this world today that we can look up to It's like watching Walter Cronkite retire from the news ..you just can't easily replace someone with that much experience,respect,and character I went to one of his crusades when he was in Cincinnati a couple of years ago It's just something you have to experience ...TV just doesn't do it justice

I went to see Chris Tomlin last night at Island Park Not 70,000 people but I would guess 8000 It was the largest crowd they have ever had there for any concert It was hot but it didn't matter Once he started playing and everyone started singing and worshipping it gave me chills especially when we sang Amazing Grace ..for just a few seconds at the end of the song there was silence I love worship songs .. he sang his as well as some Matt Redman songs There was every age,race,sex,and probably faith there He talked about how it tells us in Revelations that in heaven we will all come together for one reason to praise God "every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord" I think that concert was a little glimpse of what it will be like...there was all ages,races,sex,and denominations there singing praise to God under the open sky on a hot but beautiful night

2 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Dylan said…

    Yeah Rochelle that is really sad about Billy Graham.I actually went to that crusade in cincinatti a few years ago and it was amazing. You just can't replace someone like him.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    My mom came to know Jesus through a Billy Graham crusade at the old Mile High Stadium in Colorado. She grew up a Catholic and rejected the church for many years before she started attending again.

    I don't know if we'll ever see anyone with as much impact on the Kingdom as Billy Graham had.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home