Small steps in faith

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Worship-"the fundamental reason for my existence"

I read this in my email It' part of an article by John Fischer and it just spoke what is sometimes hard to put into words about worship

"I will worship God today, not because of what it will do for me, or because it is popular, or because it is Sunday, or because I like the worship music, but for the simple reason that I was made to do this. To worship God is what I am here for.


Worship is not an asset. It is not an added benefit to my life like working out or taking vitamins. Nor is it a secret formula that will add a deeper dimension to my life. Worship is raw. Basic. Worship is the air I breathe. It is the blood pumping through my veins. It is the cells in my body that reproduce and keep me alive for this. Everything else I do is extemporaneous. To worship God is the root of my being. To not worship is to miss the fundamental reason for
my existence."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home