Small steps in faith

Monday, February 13, 2006

Words of Wisdom From a Sports Legend



I was looking at websites this morning and came across these words from a sports legend, John Wooden

Character.

Be more concerned with your
character than your reputation.

Character is what you really are.
Reputation is what people say you are.


Adversity.

Adversity often produces the
unexpected opportunity.

Look for it. Appreciate and utilize it.


Strength.

There is nothing stronger than gentleness.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger tenahawkins said…

    That's it in a nutshell. I've been reading a book on leadership by John MacArthur. I was bored one day and hadn't read the book so I started reading it. Anyway, those are some of the very traits that John talks about. Character is first and foremost, then others follow. Some have to be developed. It's very insightful. I've learned a lot. Jay's dad always told him 'Your actions always speak louder than your words. It's all about character'. He still lives by them today. He's a great example for me. :0)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home