Small steps in faith

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Resting at the top of the hill





These are pictures of SW youth group on their trip to Gatlinburg They climbed to the top of this mountain..not an easy thing ...

Seeing these pictures reminded me of something Rob Bell talked about when I went to see him this Saturday in Indianapolis. He did an analogy of how we climb and climb to top of the mountain and when we get to the top ...we don't spend enought time just "being" on the top and resting. We are too concerned about how to get up there and when we get there,we worry about how to get down. When God created the earth he rested on the 7th day. We need to do the same thing.

I think this is where I am right now. Trying to figure out where my next step is. Not taking time to enjoy where I am right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home