Small steps in faith

Thursday, July 27, 2006

What's on your "My Space"

I just finished listening to a message on 722 by Louie Giglio. The message deals with "tattooing" your life with either light or darkness. In the middle of the message Louie brings up "My Space". It seems someone has created a my space page for him. ( He found this out by typing his name in Google) He went to the page and started looking around at what they had on the page. The person who created the page does have a disclaimer that it's not maintained by Louie. When he began to click on the "top 8 friends" section , he noticed something . There were "friends" who put him on their "who I would like to meet" list. They had "Christian" in their profile. When he went to comments they talked about going to 722...but they also talked about going to clubs and getting drunk,they used profanity "wtf" as he put it, they had pictures that he immediately clicked off of . They were creating a blur between the light and the dark. It's very easy to get sucked in to "the world".
I have a my space I initially signed up because I couldn't get on "3rd Place" on my space and make comments without signing up. I looked at my page after I listened to his message. I see nothing wrong with "my space" as long as you're not being drawn into the darkness and instead creating a light.
So what's on your my space? What pictures,what language,what music?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home