Small steps in faith

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Rob Bell in Indy








Mike and Michelle and Kristen and I went to see Rob Bell speak in Indianapolis on Sat in The American Cabaret Theatre . He chose venues that were out of the ordinary
It's set up similar to La Comedia with table and chairs . There were approximately 500 people Unfortunately the chairs weren't the most comfortable but otherwise it was a great place to see him. He talked for about 90 min. You can see from the pictures that he used a huge whiteboard and used alot of visual analogies. It's hard to put into words everything he talked about. He started with Genesis as a Hebrew poem and tied alot of things back to creation,faith and God being tied to everything physical.
The thing that really surprised me is that he is very tall and thin. You can't tell that from the Noomas. If you look at the picture of Mike and Rob , Mike is 6 ft. so I'm guessing him to be around 6'3 or 6'4 . He has alot of energy and was very open to meeting people after.
The only down side to the day was that I got sick after I got home because Kristen and I ate at Ponderosa and I ate way too much :)!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I wish I could have gone.

    He kind of looks like Chris Shay from our church.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    I forgot you guys went there. He spoke from the O.T. How cool :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home