Small steps in faith

Saturday, September 30, 2006

"Come drink at the well of living water" John 4:6

/>


I spent today "filling up" my glass of water. It was something that was long overdue.
I realized today as I spent alone time with God in one of the most beautiful places I've been, that I don't do this enough. The one thing that the speakers wanted us to take with us is that we are the church ...it's not the building..and we have a mission to go out and advance the kingdom of God.They make a point of saying it's not a retreat...it's an advance. We are walking down the aisle toward God (our groom) and we need to advance with as many as possible.
The atmosphere, the speakers,the worship were awesome but the part I really looked forward to and enjoyed the most was the prayer walk. They have a beautiful path that goes back into the woods and leads to a small wooden chapel. In the chapel were 4 small pews, a kneeler and candles and communion Along the path there were places you could sit and there were beautiful stone statues When you first walk in there was the 10 commandments in stone. There was a stone that simply said "Never alone". My favorite was a stone that read :

When God takes children from this world
so full of pain and strife
He has a special place for them
and a more abundant life


We ended singing "Amazing Grace" and with the following verse that I want those that I prayed for today(you know who you are) to take in their heart:

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me"

Jeremiah 29:11-13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home