Small steps in faith

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Priority

"And I will worship You, Lord
Only You, Lord
And I will bow down before You
Only You Lord"




Sometimes I will hear things through the week and I know that God is trying to get my attention because I will hear the same theme or word over and over. This week that word was" priority". I sometimes forget what my first priority is. I think also that there are churches who have lost their priority as well. The focus is so much on growth and "doing" that we "forsake our first love" Revelation 2:4
If a church , a group, a ministry, a person is going to be healthy, it comes down to 2 things.. Do you love God with all your heart? Do you love others? You can't separate the two. One thing to remember.. bigger doesn't necessarily mean healthy There are large churches out there that are being eaten away from the inside out and there are small churches being blessed.

God should be your first love Here are some ways to know if you've "lost" that first love


1 If you feel your love for God is growing while your love for others is decreasing

2 Love for the Lord isn't as great as your love for someone else

3 Your patience level worsens toward others

4 You harbor a cynical outlook on just about everything

5 When you'd rather "do" for Him than commune with Him

6 When you do not willingly and cheerfully give to God's work or to the need of others It should be a desire not a duty

7 When you view the commands of Christ as restrictions to your happiness

8 You are controlled by fear

9 When you hold on to unforgivesness Unforgiveness is equal to self abuse


I know personally I struggle with some of these at times..but I also know that I want God to be my priority and first love so I'll pray that God works through me to strengthen those "weak" areas.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    Tammie's singing that song this next week. :^)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home