Small steps in faith

Thursday, December 14, 2006

God's plans vs my plans

"Many are the plans in the mind of a man,but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand" Proverbs 19:21(ESV)

I can be a very stubborn person if I think I'm right. Not always the best quality to have when God has plans for you that you don't agree with.
It's so easy to look back and realize why certain events played out. When I'm in the middle of it though...it's tough and many times I will fight against it which can make it even harder. I think I can "fix" it and usually I can't.
In my heart, most of the time I know what the right thing is...I know what I need to do..it's having the faith to know that walking away from the situation or the friendship isn't giving up...it's the first step to healing and it's the first step to God's plans and purpose..not mine.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home