Small steps in faith

Saturday, December 09, 2006

A hard good-bye



Tomorrow will be a hard good-bye for alot of students,sponsors,parents who were involved in Student Ministry at Southwest Church with Jeff and Mindy. I can't believe it's been 6 yrs. Jeff has decided to take a position at a new church in Quincy,Illinois working with one of his friends,Josh Finklea.
Part of me is sad ...sad that I am losing an awesome youth leader who planted alot of seeds and prayers for my kids Kristen and Zach. Jeff also helped Kristen develop into the amazing singer that she is with the beautiful voice God has given her. Jeff ,Mindy and Adia are like a part of my family. It will be hard not to see Adia grow up. It will be hard not to hear Mindy's contagious laugh. It will be hard not to see Jeff with his Colts gear on and hear him sing.
But part of me is excited for them. It's a new start and a new challenge that God has given them. I know that wherever they are ,they will touch the lives of many kids and their parents. They will be loved just as they are here. And no matter where they are , they will never be forgotten.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home