Small steps in faith

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Counting Blessings

I found out today that a classmate of my son Zach's died yesterday. Jason DePew had a rare form of cancer and has battled it most of his high school years. He was a fighter...and it was touching to see him accept his diploma this year at graduation, knowing what he had been through.
I can't imagine the pain his parents are going through right now. My heart hurts for them.
It's times like these that I thank God for my children ..that I got a text from my son that just simply said " Hi Mom "...that I got a phone call from my daughter wanting to know how my trip was. Being an "empty nester" also makes me appreciate those messages and calls even more.
Time is precious.

I'm adding a link for a site for Jason

4 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    im sorry for your loss. I knew Jason, I am also from springboro high. My Brother Bobby tewksbury probably knew him better.

    He will be missed.....he was a fighter though.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    That stinks. Parents shouldn't have to bury their kids, it should be the other way around.

    Praying for the family.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i will be praying for the family...i cant even imagine the pain they are going through right now. very sorry to hear about this.

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Hank Fortener said…

    i coached Jason his freshman year of baseball. He is a great kid. He will be greatly missed.

    I pray for God's hand to be with the family in this time.

    Hank

     

Post a Comment

<< Home