Small steps in faith

Monday, December 03, 2007

Hard decisions....hard good-byes

Yesterday was hard. After alot of thought and prayer I have decided to leave a church I've gone to for the last 8 years. Yesterday was my last day. It was also the last day for my friend Adam who has led worship there for the last 2 1/2 years and is moving to Colorado to help a new church plant grow.
As with all churches, there have been highs and lows. This last year has been tough. I've had to say good-bye to most of the people that I developed strong bonds with.
I knew that once Adam made his decision to leave, it was time for me to be the one to say good-bye. I feel that God is calling me to serve in another way.
It's a new journey and I'm open to wherever that leads me...
I didn't tell most people that I was leaving. Good byes are hard for me. Those who I'm closest to know...and I will continue my friendships with them.
I don't leave with bitterness. I wish only the best for those who choose to stay. You have to follow your heart and where God leads you and you will be blessed.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I will miss our conversations in the cafe along with everything else, but we can still keep in touch!

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Definitely! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home