Small steps in faith

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Turkey time



I have always had someone cook Thanksgiving for me so I've never cooked a turkey. Well, there's always a first time. Our house church is having a Thanksgiving meal tonight and we volunteered to make the turkey since we have a coupon for $20 off. We ordered a fresh turkey. We've looked at many websites and recipes. I think my biggest fear is that we cook it long enough. I don't want to be responsible for making a group of people sick :^)

Addendum..We made our turkey and it turned out good...a little dry so we made some awesome gravy with the juice. I think the next time we'll use the brine bag method they sell at DLM. Our thanksgiving meal was good...the sweet potato casserole was the best!!! The only thing missing was the pumpkin pie.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    That's quite the strange picture there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home