Small steps in faith

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"Loving Well"

I am doing a Beth Moore study for 4 weeks called "Loving Well".
She is one of the most down to earth speakers I've ever listened to.
She just knows how to get to the heart.
In the video and in the journaling for this week she uses the verses from 1 John 4:4-17.
They have pretty much smacked me in the face
I have struggled to understand why I have such a hard time when I'm dealing with "testy people" to love. I have the duck taped heart for sure that she describes...and that's the problem...I try to repair the hurt myself and I try to love these people without relying on God's love to fill me up first.
"We love each other as a result of his loving us first."
I think it's easy to love God...not so easy to love others but it's something we are commanded
"And God himself has commanded that we must love not only him but our Christian brothers and sisters too."
It's easy to say...that doesn't count though...it has to be shown...not so easy.
It takes time...it takes energy...it takes vulnerability...it takes God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home