Small steps in faith

Thursday, January 31, 2008

"Don't it make your brown eyes blue"



I found the following article really interesting...I have brown eyes, my daughter has hazel eyes and I'm married to a man with the most brilliant blue eyes and I have a son who has blue eyes.



People with blue eyes have a single, common ancestor, according to new research.

A team of scientists has tracked down a genetic mutation that leads to blue eyes. The mutation occurred between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago, so before then, there were no blue eyes.

"Originally, we all had brown eyes," said Hans Eiberg from the Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine at the University of Copenhagen.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very interesting! Ron and I both have hazel eyes and now Ava has hazel eyes but of different colors. How cool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home