Small steps in faith

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Twenty year Club

Tonight Darrell and I went to Hara Arena for my "Twenty year Club" dinner. I've worked at MVH for twenty five years. When you hit 20 years you are inducted into the 20 year club. It's a dinner and celebration for everyone who worked there past and present for 20 years. It's nice to see those people who have retired or left for other postions. I worked as a bedside nurse on a surgical floor for 11 of those years and some of my closest friends are from that unit. They saw my children grow from age 18 months(Zach) and 3(Kristen) to now. They remember all the funny stories and the trials I shared during those years. It's a good feeling to spend an evening with them and reconnect...kind of like going home.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is awesome. They should have a "Twenty Year Club" people who have been married to the same person for that long as well. Wouldnt that be something? AS

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Ha ha I would be in that club too :) but not quite as long I've been married 22yrs..23 in Sept.
    I have a feeling that club wouldn't have alot of people in it..too many divorces :^(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home