Small steps in faith

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Where Will My Help Come From?

We met for "Stepping Up" study and video tonight. These 2 weeks we've been studying the Psalms 120,121, and 122. These psalms talk about the pilgrimage to Jerusalem and the Lord being our shelter.
I found the following passage from the study interesting:

Many Christians hope to go to Jerusalem someday "when things settle down over there" And understandably so. Have you ever noticed that things rarely settle down over there? The ancient words of the psalmist cry out with fervor to us today. "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem!"
....I yearn to see peace in their land, but according to Scripture certain things must happen before peace will reign within her walls.

What is the ultimate reason peace eludes the holy city according to Luke 19:41-44..
They rejected Christ as the Savior


In the video she talks about the creation of song and how important it is.

Emotions and experiences can be expressed through song in ways spoken words can never satisfy. Song is the fluent language our soul understands best.

That is so true for me. A worship song speaks to my heart and mind. It strikes emotions in me that at times can cause tears ,at times pure joy, and at times an overwhelming sadness.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Girl..I am doing the last day today. It is always sad to finish a great study with Beth.
    Are you praying face down? My sis did that every morning and her daughter is now pregnant. God answered a mighty prayer in a mysterious way. see ya Bona <><

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey rochelle...i am enjoying this beth moore study. i'm so glad to be a part of this womens group. the women are just wonderful and open and a lot of fun. thanks for inviting me to this. i'm getting so much out of it.

    I also love music and just like you there are just times when music hits me spiritually and emotionally. Sometimes I dont have the words for what i'm going through or feeling but there are songs that say it for me. What a comfort. AS

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Bona...wow that's awesome!
    I have been praying face down..no gravel in my forehead though..or construction workers watching :^) I love this study so far...I'll be sad to have it end.

    Aisa...I am so glad you feel welcome and that I get to see you every other Tues :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home