Small steps in faith

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

“Praise God even when you don’t understand what He is doing.”

This has been a hard year for many people.
I see it in my own life..I'm married to a car salesman who sells a product that is getting ready to tank.
I work with patients who can't take their medicine because they can't afford their copays or even worse they have no insurance because they lost their job.
I see it with friends who worked at General Motors and will lose their jobs as of Dec 23.
It's easy to focus on the negative and not the positive when we don't understand the big picture.
There are many things in my life to be thankful for and that's where the focus needs to be.
I have a loving family with an awesome husband and 2 beautiful healthy children.
I have a house to live in
I have food and clean water
I have friends who give their love and time
I have a secure job that I love.
But most important, I have a God who walks with me everyday and guides me and knows what is best for me. Sometimes life lessons are hard. God never promised it would be easy but he did promise that he would never leave us and that he would give us" a future and a hope"

Right now..It's 22 degrees and Darrell is getting ready to go with his high school buddies to the Turkey Trot in Miamisburg..so I'm thankful that it's him and not me...haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home