Small steps in faith

Saturday, February 07, 2009

How do you measure a year?



Last night while I was waiting for Kristen to get home and Darrell was painting Chris and Carrie's nursery, I watched the Broadway version of Rent with this cast. They were the last cast to perform on Broadway.
I've always loved "Seasons of Love". The words are very impacting. A year in your life.
Many things can happen in a year. Good and bad. I tend to be a person who connects to dates. Today is the day my grandmother died 11 yrs ago. I was talking to my friend who's husband left her a year ago this week. A year ago Darrell was still working at home. I've had friends move out of my life and into my life. 5 years ago this month I was told I had breast cancer...and that it was gone.
Listen to the words of the song. Measure your life in love. How many people do you love? How many people love you? That is really what matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home