Small steps in faith

Saturday, October 30, 2004

"What is the true meaning of worship?"

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-- this is your spiritual act of worship"
Romans 12:1

I've been thinking and reading alot about worship lately What does it mean to worship? I read an article in Planet Magazine yesterday which gives a good insight to what worship means to some famous worship leaders Chris Tomlin,Darlene Zschech,David Crowder,Martin Smith, and Paul Baloche

My favorite quote comes from Martin Smith, lead singer for the group Delirious?

"Get up in the morning and say, "God, it's amazing to be alive. It's amazing to have someone in my life to love." Give thanks for your car because you don't have to walk to work. Be thankful to God for who He is and what He has done. Get some CDs and sing along and worship God.Make yourself available for God each day to be quiet and praise. Take long walks in nature and talk to God. Steal moments to spend with God."

Worship involves all 5 senses I'm a visual person and today is the perfect day to worship and thank God for the beautiful fall day he has given us

"It's all of me for all of God." Louie Giglio

2 Comments:

  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    worship is... otherworldly.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    I spent 5 hrs last night( in the dark with a flashlight when my power went out) reading a great book by Dan Kimball on worship called "Emerging Worship Creating Worship Gatherings for New Generations" that Mike,my friend and book supplier :) let me borrow
    I found this quote "When a person yielding to God and believing the truth of God, is filled with the Spirit of God,even his faintest whisper will be worship." A.W.Tozer
    That speaks volumes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home