Small steps in faith

Friday, January 28, 2005

The Art of Encouragement

"An encourager is able to stand beside someone else to give hope and the motivation to persevere through difficult times....In order to experience comfort and have it flow through us, we must suffer some heartache. There is power in the touch of a person who has been in the valley. A person who experiences pain does not offer empty words, but hope"

I think that's what makes my friends so special They know what I'm going through because many times they've been there They've had those fears,worries, doubts, You're more likely to listen to someone who has been through it and survived :)

"If we can view our heartache as a class in God's university that will yield us a degree in encouragement, much of the sting will dissipate. The Lord teaches us to place our trust in Him alone, and then we can pass that wisdom on to others."

"The most effective encouragers are those who say, "There was nothing I could do but cry out to God. Let me tell you what the Lord did in response to my cry" If we try to escape pain, we will miss out on the principles that can be learned only from suffering; then we cannot be useful to others. God builds encouragers from the material of a life willing to be broken"

I pray that God continues to use me as an encouragement to my friends even if it's painful to go through some of the experiences , it's worth it to be able to reach out to those who are hurting.. christian or non christian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home