Small steps in faith

Monday, January 31, 2005

Sharing My Faith

I'm in a small group on Monday nights led by Jim and Susan Rigano We've had a break because of the holidays and I'm looking forward to meeting again next week We've decided to do a study "Share Jesus Without Fear" It seems to be something that is hard for alot of us to do on a consistent basis It takes us out of our comfort zones
I read a book called "Coffehouse Gospel" which did an excellent job in showing how important this is and even showed examples of how Matthew Paul Turner shared his faith I'm curious to see how this study will compare I'm not a believer in Step 1,2,3 approach which it has but I found some things when I was looking through the study that are right on target

"There are two kinds of people in our churches
Those who talk about the lost
Those who talk to the lost
A lost friends life depends on knowing the truth"

"Success is living the Christian life day by day, sharing the gospel, and trusting God for the results. Success is not bringing someone to Christ"



Why are we so afraid to reach out to those who need to know the truth ? Why do we stay silent? Why do some of us isolate ourselves in our Christian groups and never reach out past those walls of the church or our homes?
Something to think about as you go through your week

1 Comments:

  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    I have that book. Had, actually, as it now belongs to 1/2 Price books. You've noticed that it is a 1,2,3 step guideline to leading people to Jesus. I don't agree with most of what it says (for instance, the author seems to believe that just grabbing strangers off the streets and asking, "Where do you think you're going when you die?" is a way to expect conversion). It does have a lot of great points, though.

    Coffeehouse Gospel is much better :-). IMHO

     

Post a Comment

<< Home