Small steps in faith

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Snow Snow Snow

It has snowed the entire day here Things don't slow down like they do in Ohio though :)
I went to my sister's church last night They had a dinner and a "prayer journey" It was very spiritual Different prayer stations set up with different ways to express your prayers and thoughts My favorite was the finger labyrinth and the centralized prayer You pick a word that has meaning to you ie God,Jesus,Spirit,pray and use that word to draw you back into your prayer if you feel your mind wander The room was lit only with candles and celtic type music in the background There was also one of those miniature "water flowing over the rocks" things I'm not sure what you call it but it gives you a calm peace when you're sitting there listening to it When you were done praying you could go up and light a candle for your prayer requests
I went snowmobiling for the 1st time today We went about 50 miles on the trails It was absolutely beautiful You go through woods and it's all pine trees with snow My brother-in law let me drive for about 10 min I much prefer to ride on the back and let him drive:)
I come back home tomorrow afternoon I've had a wonderful time here but I do miss my family alot so it will be good to come home :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home