Small steps in faith

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Praise Habit

Do you give praise for everything that you do? I know I don't Alot of times I'm on autopilot going through my day-not a good thing I've just started reading David Crowder's new book "Praise Habit Finding God in sunsets and sushi"

"When good is found and we embrace it with abandon, we embrace the Giver of it. This book explores that journey. This book is written in hopes that you begin to find God everywhere. Yes, in church on Sunday at 9:00 a.m., but also in the seemingly mundane. In traffic on Tuesday at 5:15 p.m.. In a parent-teacher meeting. In the colors of a sunset. On the other end of a tragic phone call. Every second is an opportunity for praise. There is a choosing to be made. A choosing at each moment. This is the Praise Habit. Finding God moment by revelatory moment. In the sacred and mundane, in the valley and on the hill, in triumph and in tragedy, and living praise erupting because of it. This is what we were made for."

That last sentence really hit me (at 2:30 in the morning) I'm not doing what I was made for enough I tend to complain instead of praise I need to do a better job Sometimes it just takes a wake-up call at 2:30 am :)

8 days and counting until I go to Vermont :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home