Small steps in faith

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Inner beauty

You hear people say all the time "It's not what's on the outside it's what's on the inside that counts" What if someone asked you to shave your head ..would it matter to you? Would it matter to your husband or wife?
I watch a show call the "The Amazing Race" Last night in order to finish 1st that night a couple took the "fast forward" which is kind of like a dare They had to shave their heads This has happened before on the show in a previous season and the couple(very strong in their faith) couldn't do it Last night the husband was already completely shaved bald but his wife had beautiful long hair It was the most touching thing to watch the husbands's reaction to his wife's sacrifice and to hear him tell her how beautiful she was with no hair It was also very emotional to see her reaction to seeing her hair lying on the ground by her
I hope they win in the end They show what it means to be a team and to sacrifice pride
I don't think any of us truly know what we would do until we're put in that situation

3 Comments:

  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    I shaved my head for 2 years. It's not that big a deal. You said that, "I don't think any of us truly know what we would do until we're put in that situation." That was the whole idea behind the movie, "Saw." It is a pretty graphic movie, but the point is made that when we are pushed beyond what we would call our limits, how much further can we really go. I love that kind of stuf...I am sure it was difficult for the couple to cut off their hair, but honestly how superficial is hair? I remember shaving my mother's head when she was dying of cancer. Hair was not that big of a deal.

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    When they told me I had breast cancer Zach was worried that I would lose my hair ...you're right hair isn't a big deal

     

Post a Comment

<< Home