Small steps in faith

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Day of Prayer...Cinquo de Mayo

I love Mexican food The chips they bring you in a basket are my favorite(except at Chipolte..theirs are nasty) so I had to celebrate today with Cinnamon chips and coke imported from Mexico Honestly it tasted the same as our coke but the bottle was in spanish and it was in a glass bottle I love coke in the small glass bottles It just tastes better

Today was also National Day of Prayer ....a celebration of intimate conversation with God I always find for me that the best time for prayer is early in the morning or very late at night when it's very quiet and very dark at my house
Jesus must have felt the same way

"Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed " Mark 1:35

It also gives me time to reflect on things in the past and things to come I've been very sentimental this week
I've found myself thinking alot about when my children were young
I think it's a combination of planning for Kristen's graduation,Mindy's baby shower, and I have another friend who I found out last week is in the early stages of her first pregnancy
I saw a young mother this week with a little girl who was about 3 and holding a little boy about 1 who looked identical to what Kristen and Zach looked like at that age and those memories came flooding back to me
Also, Zach found a Nickolodean website where I can listen to the theme from "David the Gnome" which is the cartoon that was always playing when he would get home from kindergarten He knows how much I loved that song :)
I miss the days when my children were young but I also look forward to what my future will bring.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home