Small steps in faith

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Sundae party,etc

Last night the senior high girls had a "sundae party" at North Park We had to eat quickly but the sundaes were good There was a mixture of girls who had graduated and those who are still in the beginning stages of high school It was fun to listen to their conversations They definitely have their heads more together at that age than I did

I've got to take Kristen to Lebanon this morning for her meningitis shot I don't think in all my years as a nurse there is anyone who is so needlephobic as Kristen This is not going to be fun :(

I'm almost finished with the 3rd book in "New Kind of Christian" trilogy,"The Last Word and the Word after That"
The book focuses on the subject of hell which is something you don't read about alot I love the way he expresses his views through the fiction characters I think everyone needs to have a friend like Neo He is already working on his new book "The Secret Message of Jesus" which explores the kingdom of God His books always make you think hard about your own spiritual beliefs

I don't have to go back to work until next Wed ..time to read, time to spend with my family and friends...this summer is going too fast....August will be here and we'll be taking Kristen to Lee..I'm not ready for that yet....

2 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I'm sure that will be really tough - having Kristen go off to college. It's not too far away, yet still...

    Hopefully she'll be able to come back lots to visit.

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Dont forget about me! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home