Small steps in faith

Monday, September 19, 2005

"Welcome to the Pit"

At the women's ministry kickoff yesterday we had a speaker who talked about "being in the pit" We all have our times there Some of us bulldoze and dig our own,some of us are walking along and fall right in Sometimes we lead others to the edge of our pit and push them in Sometimes we get comfortable in that pit..move in and decorate.
I think I've had all of those experiences at one time or another I've definitely dug my own pit many times and some of the hardest times are when I've been walking along and fell right in ..the most recent being my breast cancer experience I always have to be careful that I don't "move in" It's not a pleasant place but God always seems to get me out and I'm stronger in my faith after being there You have to remember that his arms are always long enough to reach in ,no matter how deep,and pull you out

If you live in Springboro and read this make sure you go check out "The garage", the new community center for teens. We had our Sun night worship for the kids there I hadn't been in there since the early stages of renovation I couldn't believe the change ..what a cool place for kids to hang out If you're an adult you can't hang out there but you can check it out and check out the coffee shop :)

3 Comments:

  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    Well, some of us can hang out...

    I'm going to the coffee shop tomorrow and testing their mocha. Chris made a pretty good caramel macchiato the other night!

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Adults can hang out from 6:30am to 5pm weekdays :)

    Jeff

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    Or an adult with a video camera, right? Right, Jeff? C'mon, I can hang out, can't I?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home