Small steps in faith

Friday, January 13, 2006

Bits and pieces of the week

This has been a long week I can honestly say TGIF even though it's the 13th :)

My week started out with saying good-bye to Kristen and Tyler..I won't see them for 2 months :(

Work was stressful..our hospital census is at the max which means my consults were 2 times normal and the patients I saw were challenging I had 2 patients in 2 days who were there because they were suicidal..sometimes it's being a listener as well as an educator
There were good parts to my week as well
3rd place - a place to "fill back up" It always gives me a "comfort" feeling like eating chicken and mashed potatoes :)to be there
Sr high girls group- We listened to "I saw the light" by David Crowder and had a good laugh at the thought of singing it at church and watching Emily dance to it as well as a good discussion on inner/outer beauty
I went shopping yesterday with Darrell and Zach Zach was finished with his exams and Darrell is off on Thursdays..we ate at PFChangs Chinese food is my least favorite and Zach's too but we gave in to Darrell because he really really wanted to eat there It didn't really change my opinion on Chinese Food..personally I like the egg rolls at China Cottage better :)
We went to Cincinnati Mills mall That is the cleanest and quietest mall I've ever been in There is a store called Steve and Barrys that has college stuff t-shirts,hats,etc for 7.98 If you're a UC fan that's the place to go They had a UD sweat jacket that I got and a Michigan sweatshirt for Zach
We found earphones at Borders for 50% off...nice ones This is definitely the time to buy

Darrell loves cooking stores We went to the Kenwood Mall and William and Sonoma had a really nice toaster on sale for 50% off so we got it plus some other small things ,collander,salt/pepper shakers, cleaning spray we like also for 50% off

The big reason we went to the Kenwood mall was to go to the Apple Store to look at computers..ours is ready to kick the bucket soon..we have like no memory left and it seriously takes like 10 min for me to log on
Darrell has always wanted an Apple computer but someone has always managed to talk him out of it but I think this time it's what he will buy The new Imacs come out at the beginnning of next week .. the laptops don't come in until Feb I thought we should go for cheaper with the mac mini but Darrell did the pricing for monitor,and extra memory and it's better to go with the Imac he says and Mike(the Apple computer expert :) agreed with him so I think that's what we'll end up with..I just don't know when :)

I watched a really good movie on video called "Crash" There are several storylines all based on the topic of racism and the storylines "crash" into each other

So there's a small look at my long week..I'm looking forward to my weekend :)

4 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    Wow, you hit on a lot of things I like.

    Steve and Barry's...

    P.F. Chang's...(try their Chang's spicy chicken it will save your life and angels will descend from heaven)

    Cincinnati Mills...

    Kenwood Mall...

    Crash...

    Thanks for the reminders!

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rochelle,

    I really enjoyed Crash - it was refreshing to see something that was not totally predictable.

    I eat eggrolls so much, Tina commented that they are the "staple" of my diet.

    Have Dave Bowden take a look at your PC. Ours is about six years old, but he did some upgrades (XP, memory, wireless internet) about 8 months ago for not much money. Better than spending hundreds or a thousand for a new one!!!

    Did the college sports store have any Bob Huggins stuff on discount?

    Jordan

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Adam
    Darrell had the orange chicken and said the spicy chicken is definitely better :)

    Jordan
    Our computer is 8 yrs old I think we need a new one
    I love China Cottage eggrolls
    I didn't see any discounted Bob Huggins stuff ..that's funny :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home