Small steps in faith

Friday, February 03, 2006

Taking down walls

"We cannot have intimacy with God or anyone else if we stay hidden and offer only who we think we ought to be or what we believe is wanted....God really does want you to know who you are. He wants you to be able to understand the story of your life, to know where you have come from, and to know where you are going. There is freedom there. Freedom to be and to offer and to love"
Captivating

This is easy to type...not easy to do...I am buried under alot of layers that I'm just realizing need to be stripped away I think it will take time..and maybe a bulldozer

3 Comments:

  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    One of those postcards that I look at from that website said this about walls that I thought was very true:

    "Sometimes we put up walls. Not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to knock them down."

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Adam
    Thanks..that comment is definitely true

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Jeff
    Thanks..i think :) ..I did print it and it's on my mirror to help remind me that I do have friends to help me "bulldoze" and if nothing else to make me smile

     

Post a Comment

<< Home