Small steps in faith

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Omen remake on 6-6-06



This is a picture from "The Omen" which comes out today as a remake of the original which came out in 1976
I was 16 when the original version came out and it was one of the eeriest movies I've ever seen
The movie appropriately is being released today 6-6-06
I won't see it today but I will see it..it's fiction .. I want to see if it compares to the first one..i love suspense movies
Why do people freak out about 6-6-06? Because of the following scripture passage:

Revelation 13:16-18 (New Living Translation)
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers.


16He required everyone--great and small, rich and poor, slave and free--to be given a mark on the right hand or on the forehead. 17And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name. 18Wisdom is needed to understand this. Let the one who has understanding solve the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[a] His number is 666.[b]


Personally, I feel secure in my relationship with Christ and plan to enjoy my day off :)

3 Comments:

  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    it is interesting to me when we interpret the bible from a very literal perspective. it is an entirely different thing when we project our superstitions into our faith. do i belive that the numbers 666 are "evil?"

    No. I believe that symbolically, numerology played a heavy hand in the mystics, and some hebrew forms of faith. I believe that this numerology is represented throughout the bible. (3's specifically are found.) 4 usually represents the earth, 3 tends to represent created beings. 7, although usually indicative of God, also represents clompletion. (why did God rest on the 7th day? creation was complete)

    so. God being represented by 7 and mankind and earth by 3 and 4. it stands to reason that 6 (along with 5) usually represent evil.

    Now, because of fanatic literalism, people actually believed that something catyclismic would happen today. Superstition has no place in our religion. It brings our hope and our faith down.

    Man i am ranting, but seriously folks, do i believe that someday, in the future, something that can be symbolically linked to the number 666 will happen? Absoultely. do i believe in unlucky numbers? Nope, just the same way I don't freak out if I spill salt, or how I don't care to walk under a ladder.

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    I believe 666 referred to Nero, personally.

    Or maybe it was Ronald Wilson Reagan.

    BTW, Meg Cane's son was born on 06-06-06. Scary!

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    I heard both Nero or Domitian, or just an Imperial title from Ephesus.

    I'm excited about seeing the movie; I love weird, scary movies like this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home