Small steps in faith

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Being hands and feet

I was reading an article this morning about a man who was dealing with the illness/death of a friend who was thousands of miles away He and his wife had decided that they needed to physically go see their friend The following words just struck my heart

Sometimes it's not enough to tell a suffering friend you're praying for them. Sometimes you have to become the answer to your own prayer. When you ask God to send help, you have to be ready to become that help. What else could we possibly mean when we talk about being the hands and feet of Christ?

It brought back a memory of a time when I had a friend who was going through a difficult time and I had prayed for God to send someone ...God's answer was that I needed to be that someone I needed to be the "hands and feet"
I think we always need to be ready to be the help we're praying for

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home