Small steps in faith

Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Long Day

I spent most of my first day of vacation in airports/airplanes. My flight took off from Dayton to Atlanta at 9:45 which meant being at the airport by 8. The flight from Dayton to Atlanta was actually smooth. I started to get nervous though when I saw the weather reports for the east coast on CNN realizing that my sister was flying from Vermont to Philadelphia. They had already started to cancel some flights from the east coast when I checked the monitor. I said a little prayer that she would get her flights and connections. When I got to Atlanta I had a 2 hr layover and then the plane was late coming in so we had an extra 30 min delay. I got to West Palm Beach around 3:30. That flight was pretty bumpy ...there were tornado warnings throughout the day in Florida. My sister barely made it from Philadelphia ...they had delayed her flight in Vermont and then the weather was getting really bad in Philadelphia...I think she was probably on one of the last flights to get out before they started cancelling flights so I feel blessed that she made it here just 30 min before I did.

She was pretty stressed...they delayed her luggage getting in and then the Hertz rent a car woman tried to soak her for 500 for a car for the week...we didn't pay that :)

The villa we are staying in is absolutely beautiful. It sits on a golf course with a porch that overlooks a small stream that has ducks/geese. The weather here is supposed to be nice the rest of the week ...in the 80's.
Just looking forward to sun,relaxation,and sister time :)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so glad that both of you got there ok. I was worried too when I saw the weather reports. Weather report this morning in Vermont was perhaps 18 inches of snow. It's beautiful here with sunshine and hopefully warmer weather this week. Have a great week together. Love you both
    Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home