Small steps in faith

Friday, August 31, 2007

"Candle In The Wind"



There aren't too many celebrities that I follow but from the first day I saw and heard Princess Diana , I was fascinated with her. She lived a very "fishbowl" life unfortunately but I think she handled it with grace. She had a huge heart for the sick,poor, underprivileged and I think that is part of the reason I loved her.
Ten years ago today she was killed in a car accident.
She was only 36 ...but she made a huge impact in the time she was here. She loved and she was loved and she won't be forgotten.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    What I liked about her is that she took her celebrity, her fame and fortune, and used it for good (i.e. giving her support to different causes, helping the poor, being a voice for the defenseless) rather than for bad (everything I have is for me).

    I think you can point to her as the impetus for all of the charitable organizations who have famous people as their spokesperson, like One and Save Darfur. She started that movement, in my opinion.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home