Small steps in faith

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Time of Adjustment

This has definitely been a time of adjustment and an emotional rollercoaster with both Zach and Kristen being back at school. Darrell has been very sensitive to that which has helped. I think it's a good thing that we are going to Boston in a couple of weeks to get away. One of my friends gave me a quote from a book he's reading which accurately describes where I am


I read this great quote in this book I'm reading called Authentic Faith. It's a book about several "disciplines" that don't get talked about a lot. Like the discipline of waiting, the discipline of persecution, the discipline of suffering, etc. In his chapter on the discipline of mourning, he says this: "As my friend Jeremy Matkin points out, paintings require both highlights and shadows to create depth. So do people."

Right now you're in a shadow, but God will get you through it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home