Small steps in faith

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Lee..#2 ...time for goodbyes

It's again a really hot day....111 in our car on the asphalt at 3 pm.
We got Kristen all moved in...She's staying in an apt with 3 other girls.
It's nice...alot of closet space :)
Zach had alot of orientation stuff this am so we met up with him after lunch.
We checked out the Lee bookstore and the Pathway Bookstore then the tiny mall in town.
Tonight was the dedication night where freshman parents,students, and faculty get together and Dr. Conn speaks and Voices of Lee sing and then there's a nice buffet...and then the goodbyes. I feel at peace with both of my kids being here. I trust God to guide their lives. It's just hard not to be the hands-on mom that I have been for the last 20 years. So I said goodbye with tears and it will be an adjustment but I know it's for the best. Tomorrow we come home..and I'm ready.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:31 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    I will be praying for you trip home. I know that it can be hard to let go. As I watched my brother get married today, I was struck by Suzy and her father. He proudly yet tearfully gave her hand to Adam's. It was a moving moment as her father kissed her cheek and she walked up the steps with Adam.
    I know that may not make since, but here is the point. It was a reminder of how even when we let go and let our loved ones grow up, they are still being protected and cared for. I hope that comforts you somehow. I am praying for all of you.

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Thanks Mike
    It does comfort me to know that they are in a good place where they will grow in their faith and will be surrounded by friends.
    Thank you for your prayers and all you do for me

     

Post a Comment

<< Home