Small steps in faith

Tuesday, October 09, 2007


Life goes in cycles. What was "in" 30 years ago comes back around. I've noticed it the most with clothes/shoes. Probably because 70's/early 80's is when I paid attention to those things. I was in high school/college then.
Unfortunately the prices aren't the same :)
One of the things I loved when I was in high school was earth shoes. I have wide feet and they fit really well and held up. So when I saw them in the stores again I was excited. Shoes are important to me...not for the same reason as my daughter Kristen who has approx. 60 pairs ..(If you get a new outfit then you need new shoes in her mind) She buys them for looks not comfort. At work, I spend 6/8 hours on my feet so I have to have shoes that are "practical" or I will be in pain. Up until now I've had to wear my tennis shoes( not the most attractive with dress pants)...but yesterday I took the gift card I got for working 25 years at the hospital and bought new earth shoes even though I'm 30 years feet look just like they did in high school :)


  • At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're lucky I'm not near by or I'd borrow them like I did 30 years ago!!! - Rox

  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Yeah..I bet if I go through your closet I'd find my Izod shirts!!!!

  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I've never understood the need for more than two pairs of shoes - one tennis, one nice - but that's just me.

    I have to wear practical shoes as well, I get plantar fasciitis pretty easily.

  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    99% of the time i wear sandals. the other 1% of the time is split between athletic shoes and dress shoes. guys are just different in that way i guess. but why? this is a huge generalization, so forgive me. but why do men emphasize gadgets and technology while women emphasize shoes and purses? granted that is not the case with every man or every woman, but there is some truth to it. i am thinking that we don't really need/want the things that we pursue, but that we are playing roles handed down to us from generations. i think, in some way, we are programmed to be this way. just a thought. maybe too existential. i did just wake up.

  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    I can't disagree with you as a general..Girls learn to play dressup at a young age and so I'm sure it's programmmed in us..It's usually boys/men who like video games/technical /computer/tinkering kind of stuff.
    Darrell and pair of tennis shoes..period.
    Oh well...I love my new shoes :^)


Post a Comment

<< Home