Small steps in faith

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Let it Snow



Well, for once the weatherman was right. I woke up this morning and looked out the window and sure enough there was snow. I love freshly fallen snow in the early morning ..so peaceful and beautiful. I didn't quite have the same feeling when it took me an hour to drive to work. I work at the office on Wed and we have the most beautiful view of the river and downtown Dayton. It was a long day...but fun. We had our open house and ribbon cutting ceremony tonight. I was surprised at the number of people who came.
It was nice to finally put faces to names of the family that donated money for our center. They lost 2 family members to diabetes...one who was only in his early 30's.
Mrs Bull realizes that knowledge is power in managing this disease and her wish is that those who are unable to afford the education are given a chance to be educated.
It's nice to be part of the realization of her dream.

Change your thoughts and you change your world.
This is our focus for our patients. Dr. Parilo had it painted on the wall in our classroom and used it in his speech tonight. I think it applies to all of us though.
We get stuck in a rut, absorbed in our own ways, when just thinking differently can make such an impact on those around us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home