Small steps in faith

Monday, February 11, 2008

Correlating clutter and weight loss



I was in Borders and saw a book with a funny title "Does this clutter make my butt look fat?" The book basically is showing how there can be a connection between the two behaviors of having a messy house and being oveweight. When you weigh yourself down with stuff...you are more likely to also weigh yourself down physically with food. When you don't take care of the environment that you live..you are less likely to take care of the body you live in too.
There was actually a show on Oprah that showed an overweight family and their disaster of a house. I have some clutter but NOTHING like these people.
Anyway, after watching the show, it motivated me to declutter things in my life. I started with my books and moved to my closet and then to my drawers. Tomorrow I'll tackle my bathroom drawers. I'm not honestly that messy and I'm married to "Mr. Clean" but it felt good to get rid of that extra stuff I didn't need. Will it help me lose weight? I don't know but it does put me in the frame of mind to look at improving things for the better including my health both physically and emotionally.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey, if that helps you lose weight, I am going to go through every room of my house and empty out whatever I can find!!! hahaha. AS

     
  • At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey..girl are you using the Comet too>>>> I will never foget that story.
    one of my 4 Africa books-"French Women dont get Fat" Cute and some good thoughts on lifestlye. Walk-but good qulity foods and small portions! Your book sounds good too! Tell Darrell Happy Belated Birthay Xo B/G

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Aisa...you have nothing to worry about :)

    Bona..Darrell hates when I tell that story "THERE! Is that good enough for you!!!!" haha
    Your book sounds similar to this book
    Small portions..that's what I teach my patients.
    Shane Claiborne was AWESOME!! I'll be writing a blog later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home